01 March 2018
Renewable energy specialist Green Nation is looking for an Asset Manager to help look after its growing portfolio of ground mounted and rooftop solar sites.
Somerset-based Green Nation manages assets across the UK, many of them originally developed in-house. CEO Jonathan Thompson: “our rapid growth means we now need to grow our team, and we can flex the role to fit the right person.” The successful candidate will have two years or more experience of managing solar assets, and be eager to continue learning and improving.
Your role will include performance monitoring, negotiating with and overseeing technical subcontractors, reporting on performance, and working with landlords and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience of:
• Dealing with O&M contractors and subcontractors
• Assessing performance information and acting on it
• Working under time pressure, managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities
• Being great at problem solving and staying calm under pressure
• Taking ownership of issues and projects
To that end you will be:
• Energetic, intelligent and self-starting.
• Possessed of excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Pro-active, flexible and approachable
• Organised, with a hardworking attitude and excellent attention to detail
• Willing to take ownership of and suggest improvements to processes and
• Knowledgeable about solar technology
Experience and Skills
• University degree, preferably in a science or technical discipline
• Good understanding of solar technology
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and other data analysis
• At least two years managing solar sites, preferably longer, either as an asset manager or in O&M
Competitive salary related to level of experience
25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
You will be based in our rural office located close to Bath and Bristol, and will travel as needed.
Interested? Click here to send us your cv and a short description of how you will help us manage our assets even better.